SEI Asia Centre in Bangkok welcomes applications for internship.
Established on 1st January 2004, the SEI Asia centre coordinates SEI activities in Asia. It currently focuses on three research themes: Water Resources and Sanitation, Coastal Resources and Development, and Adapting to Climate Change. Other two themes being developed are Sustainable Energy and Atmospheric Environment.
The centre’s programmes are structured principally along regional lines, and carried out in cooperation with national and regional partners. Its pioneer programme, on which significant work had been done even before the establishment of the centre, is for the Mekong region, and integrated programmes are being developed for South Asia and ASEAN.
The staff at the SEI Asia Centre forms a multi-disciplinary group in the fields of adaptation science, environmental education, environmental engineering and sustainable infrastructure, environmental science, development communications, geochemistry, geography, hydrology and water resources engineering, natural resource management, rural and regional development planning, social economy, sociology and public policy.
Who can apply
The internship opportunity is for young researchers or students who wish to gain more knowledge and experience on the environmental research. Below are the selection criteria for the successful interns.
1. Candidate holds a master degree in related fields or is studying the master course or bachelor degree with at least 3 years work experience.
2. Candidate has an interest in SEI Asia's research focus and priority and can contribute to SEI's Asia on-going research activities
3. Minimum internship period is 3 months
4. Fluency in English.
5. Priority is given to candidates from developing countries in Asia
6. Priority is given to candidates associated with institutes identified as strategic partners to the SEI Asia Centre
7. At least one SEI researcher accepts to be a direct supervisor
8. Only up to four candidates would be granted with an internship opportunity during the same period.
SEI Asia Centre, Bangkok, Thailand
Normally, the interns will not be financially compensated for their work time but can be supported for direct costs incurred due to research or office’s activities that they are involved. This is subject to available fund and a decision made by the centre management.
We will need:
- A letter of application highlighting relevant background, qualifications, desired internship period, research interest and expected achievement at the end of the internship (maximum 2 pages).
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 6 pages)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Ms. Nipa Laithong
Stockholm Environment Institute - Asia
15th Fl., Witthyakit Bldg, 254, Chulalongkorn University,
Chulalongkorn Soi 64, Phyathai Rd., Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Tel: +66(0) 2251 4415 to 8
Fax: +66(0) 2251 4419