Lai str 34
Tel: +372 6 276 100
Centre Director:Tea Nõmmann
We perform policy analyses and impact assessments, as well as advance the knowledge of a wide range of sustainable development issues: environmental policy integration; urban planning; sustainable transport and mobility; nature management; Natura 2000 and urban biodiversity; environmental governance; strategic planning; and education for sustainable development. The special focus is on impact assessment methods and tools, such as EIA, SEA, sustainability criteria and indicators.
Training sessions, workshops and conferences are frequently carried out to disseminate research results, promote environmental awareness and facilitate science-policy interaction.
Ongoing and recent projects
- APRAISE– Assessment of Policy Interrelationships and Impact on Sustainability in Europe
- Baltic COMPASS - Comprehensive Policy Actions and Investments in Sustainable Solutions in Agriculture in the Baltic Sea Region
- ELTIS PLUS - Promoting Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans. The project consists of carrying out national workshops and translation of guidelines on how to develop and implement a Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan.
- ENGAGING BUSINESSES IN BIODIVERSITY PROTECTION
- EPOMM-PLUS – European Platform on Mobility Management – Partners Learning Urban Sustainability
- LIAISE – Linking Impact Assessment Instruments to Sustainability Expertise is a Network of Excellence financed by the EU FP7 programme.
- The SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FORUM 2012