Javier Gonzales Iwanciw
Title: Research Associate
Javier Gonzales Iwanciw is an SEI research associate with more than 12 years in the climate change field linking research & training, policy and business in Bolivia and the Latin America region.
Javier has extensive expertise linking climate change adaptation research with policy processes. He has chaired the Bolivian Human Dimensions of Global Environmental Change Research Committee and facilitated different policy instruments in collaboration with international cooperation agencies.
- Bolivia Climate Change Strategy (1998-2008)
- Bolivia CDM Strategy (2003-2013)
- Bolivia Municipal Climate Change Strategy
- Climate review of the Colombia - UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDP)
- Mexico climate change midterm strategy (UNDP)
- Pilot Program on Climate Resilience – Bolivia (World Bank)
His recent expertise and research interest focus on civil society, participation, learning and collective action. He is especially interested in different approaches to produce multistakeholder dialogue and consultation for decision making and collective action. Between 2004-2008 he led the “Climate Change Studies Project” in Bolivia funded by the Netherlands Climate Assistance Programme (NCAP) to organize climate change adaptation in Bolivia at different scales and decision making processes.
Javier has led numerous studies, reviews and evaluations of climate change adaptation programs and projects for the UN System and Multilateral Banks in the Latin America region.