When planted along with food crops, rather than as a large monoculture, the bioenergy crop jatropha does not threaten food security. However, native woodlands are still often lost. CIFOR photo by Jeff Walker.
To run NBIM, follow these steps:
- Run the NBIM installer for Windows
- Double-click on the file “NBIM.vpa”.
- Wait for NBIM to open the data file in Excel.
- Wait for NBIM to create the Baseline output file. Note: This only happens the first time you run NBIM
- Click on “Go to main screen” and then click on “Run model”. Note: The first time you open this window it will load slowly.
- Explore different policy options and uncertainties by changing the settings and then clicking “Update”.