SEI experts are helping policymakers find the best approaches to emissions reduction and ensure that carbon markets are effective and truly contribute to mitigation, providing research and analysis as well as the LEAP system, a powerful decision-making tool.
Below are some of our most important recent publications on these topics – all available free of charge, directly from SEI or on an external site. Click on the menu on the right for additional items published as journal articles or book chapters.
• Near-term Climate Protection and Clean Air Benefits: Actions for Controlling Short-Lived Climate Forcers (2011 UNEP synthesis report)
• Engineering the Climate: Research Questions and Policy Implications (2011 UNEP report)
• Sparking Technological Innovation for a Low Carbon Society (2011 policy brief)
• Driving Technological Innovation for a Low-Carbon Society: Summary for Decision-Makers (2011 project brochure)
• The Implications of International Greenhouse Gas Offsets on Global Climate Mitigation (policy brief, 2011)
• Getting to Zero: A Pathway to a Carbon Neutral Seattle (2011 report)
• Will African Consumers Buy Cleaner Fuels and Stoves? (2011 report)• Estimates of future supply of international greenhouse gas offsets: A critical review (2010 project report)
• What woodfuels can do to mitigate climate change (2010 FAO paper)
• How offset programs assess and approve projects and credits (2010 free-access journal article)